Connect to Info on New Home Buyer Protection
Joan Maisonneuve, Manager, Policy and Industry Issues, CHBA – Alberta
This page contains updates, presentations, documents and links related to the new Home Buyer Protection Act and Regulations which came into effect in Alberta February 1, 2014. Information will be added as it is released. More information is also available through the government at:
Alberta Municipal Affairs has released the Construction Performance Guide for New Home Warranty in Alberta. The resource supports the New Home Buyer Protection Act by providing information and guidance to the general public, as well as homeowners, home buyers, builders, warranty providers, and other stakeholders involved in the construction and sale of homes.
Click here to download a copy of the guide. A new copy will be available on Sept. 1, 2015. Check here for updated links. A short summary of changes can be found here.
Follow the links below to view presentations made to CHBA locals in collaboration with Alberta Municipal Affairs and warranty providers Travelers, Progressive, National and the Alberta New Home Warranty Program.
Updates - Check Here for the Latest Information
- Aug. 8 - NHBP Registry Updates
- July 9 - Sweat Equity Bulletin
- Feb. 11 - Bulletin #1 Manufactured Homes
- Jan. 13 - Municipal Affairs answers 55 Questions from Warranty Providers
- Jan. 8 - Access Request for Builder Portal Now Ready
- Jan. 7 - Clarification on Permits applied for before Feb. 1
- CHBA – Alberta Q&A
- CHBA – Alberta Presentation
- Municipal Affairs Overview
- Municipal Affairs Registry Details
- New Home Buyer Protection Act
- General Regulation
- Ministerial Regulation
- Insurance Regulation
- Permit Amendment
- Alberta Warranty Info Website